Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hunger Games Asian Entertainment Fancast

In light of all the recent wank over Hunger Games casting, I decided to do my own fancasting. And then I realized that I am woefully ignorant of the Western entertainment world. I know a total of possibly 15 actors and almost none of them are age appropriate (as if Hollywood cares). BUT, as I said to my friend, I could cast this movie if they were all Asian! I'm probably the only person in the world who would be amused by this, but, ta-da!

DISCLAIMER: This is done for-the-lols. Obviously no one will really fit the physical descriptions and no, they don't all speak the same language. Get over it. This is obviously and intentionally miscast. So don't whine to me about how Prim is blonde, etc etc. Pretend that this is a fancast for a Pan-Asian version of the story :P

Katniss Everdeen- Kim So Eun
KATNISS BRAID. Honestly, I have no idea who to cast as Katniss (Ueto Aya? Ella? Too old?) and only picked her because of this picture. She can look the part and girl can be fierce.

Alternatively, I would have cast BoA, because she role as a revolutionary in the Anyband music video really stood out to me. But she's older now :(

Peeta Mellark- Kim Bum
For the billion BOF fans who suffered through the annoying/stupid that was Jandi/JoonPyo solely because Yi Jung and Ga Eul were MEANT TO BE. Yes, we will finally see Kim Bum and So Eun together forever.

Haymitch Abernathy- Na Wei Xun
It works, kay?

Gale Hawthorne- Matsuda Shota
Giant personal bias, but Matsuda Shota is definitely a very versatile actor and he always exceeds expectations in his acting roles. He's a older, but Gale looks older than his age anyways. He's also probably the best actor on this list and would make a perfect Gale (or anyone, really. Even Katniss).

Prim Everdeen- Fukuda Mayuko
I'm a fan. I think she did fantastic in the Death Note movie spinoff and she's a very capable actress. She also fits my image of Prim as a delicate but strong young lady. 

Mrs. Everdeen- Yakushimaru Hiroko
Because she should ALWAYS ALWAYS play the mother in every show/movie ever. 

President Snow- Kim Gab Soo

Seen him in "Time of Dog and Wolf"? Perfection as a manipulative bastard. 

Finnick Odair- Hayami Mokomichi
Time to be shallow. Mokomichi is hot stuff. He also fits the part- tall, bronze- and he's not an a bad actor. 

Annie Cresta- Janine Chang
She does sad so well. And she's gloriously classy and beautiful. Can't you just see the Annie?! She and Mokomichi would be pretty together.

Foxface- Rainie Yang
Her face is fox-like. In a very adorable way. 

Johanna Mason- Nakashima Mika
Can't hold this woman down. That's pretty much the attitude that I get from Johanna and Mika fits the hardcore/determined image.

Thresh- either Hwang Chansung or Ok Tacyeon
I'm finding this casting several kinds of hilarious, but at least they look the "tall, built, strong, beastly" part, ahaha. Also, bromance, which has nothing to do with anything, but still.

Rue- Jung Da Bin
I feel like a horrible person putting this ball of cute in the sad sad role of Rue. She's a bit older now, so it'll be a better fit.

Madge Undersee- Inoue Mao
Just because she's Inoue Mao. She got that girl-next-door thing going on.

Effie Trinket- Xiao S
Gift of blab, this one has. I also think she kind of fits the physical description and she can definitely pull off Effie's behavior.

Cinna- Tanaka Koki
Has Koki every actually acted? No idea, but... creativity? Check. Designs clothes? Check. Cropped hair? Check. Unexpectedly gentle? Check. Depth of personality? Check!

Portia- CL
Miss Fashionista herself! She's a horrid actress, but we don't see Portia that much anyways.

Plutarch Heavensbee- Lee Sun Gyun
Simply because the owner of the Sexiest Speaking Voice in Korea needs to be in this hypothetical movie.

Caesar Flickerman- Kevin Tsai
Can't have Xiao S as Effie Trinket without having her talk show co-host Kevin Tsai as Caesar! Yes, that that is his red carpet ensemble. Flickerman much?


Done. Discuss if you even know who these people are. Remember, this is in no way a serious fancast- I don't actually want any of these people in the movie and I want wank from this post even less. Thank you and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment